ADMIRALTY List of Radio Signals (ALRS) is produced and updated by United Kingdom Office (UKHO). ALRS provides information on all the aspects related to Maritime Radio Communications, GMDSS, VTS reporting, etc. which helps the OOWs and Masters to manage communications and comply with all reporting regulations throughout a voyage.
- For clarity and convenience, this ALRS is split across six volumes; with contents ranging from Maritime Radio Station listings to Maritime Safety Information Services worldwide.
- Contents of each volume and its corresponding parts below.
- Each publication is updated using the Weekly Notices to Mariners (WNTM) Section VI
- Each Volume of ALRS has its coverage area mentioned on the backside of it.
Table of Contents
- Contents of Admiralty List of Radio Signals (ALRS) Volumes:
- ALRS Volume 1: Maritime Radio Stations (Parts 1 & 2) (NP 281)
- ALRS Volume 2: Radio Aids to Navigation, Differential GPS (DGPS), Legal Time, Radio Time Signals and Electronic Position Fixing System (Parts 1 & 2) (NP 282)
- ALRS Volume 3- Maritime Safety Information Services (Parts 1 & 2) (NP 283):
- ALRS Volume 4: Meteorological Observation Stations (NP 284)
- ALRS Volume 5: Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS) (NP 285)
- ALRS Volume 6: Pilot Services, Vessel Traffic Services and Port Operations (Parts 1 - 8) (NP 286)
- ADMIRALTY Digital Radio Signals (ADRS)
Contents of Admiralty List of Radio Signals (ALRS) Volumes:
ALRS Volume 1: Maritime Radio Stations (Parts 1 & 2) (NP 281)
- Maritime Radio Stations,
- Global Maritime Communications,
- Coastguard Communications,
- Satellite Communication Services,
- Radio Quarantine and Pollution Reports,
- Anti-piracy Contact Table,
- Maritime TeleMedical Assistance Services (TMAS).
includes Radio Details for:-
- Listing of VHF Radio Direction- Finding system,
- Radar Beacons (Racons and Ramarks),
- Known operational Automatic Identification System (AIS)
- Aids to Navigation (AtoN),
- Radio Beacon transmitting DGPS communication,
- International Standard and Daylight Saving Time and Dates,
- Radio time signal broadcast details
ALRS Volume 3- Maritime Safety Information Services (Parts 1 & 2) (NP 283):
- Safety Information Services,
- Maritime Weather Services,
- Worldwide NAVTEX and Safetynet Services Information,
- Submarine and Gunnery Warnings (Subfacts and Gunfacts),
- Radio fascimile stations, frequencies, Weather Map Areas
ALRS Volume 4: Meteorological Observation Stations (NP 284)
All Meteorological Observation Stations listed worldwide
ALRS Volume 5: Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS) (NP 285)
- Worldwide communication required for Search and Rescue (SAR) and Distress,
- Extracts from ITU and SOLAS Regulations,
- MRCC and MRSC Contacts,
- Worldwide NAVTEX & Maritime Safety Information (MSI)
ALRS Volume 6: Pilot Services, Vessel Traffic Services and Port Operations (Parts 1 - 8) (NP 286)
- Detailed Pilot Information, Contact Details and Procedures,
- VTS Information and Contacts,
- Ship Reporting System National and International,
- Port Information, Contact Details and Procedures.
ADMIRALTY Digital Radio Signals (ADRS)
- Each volume of ADMIRALTY Radio Signals is also available in form of digital publications as ADMIRALTY Digital Radio Signals (ADRS).
- As part of the ADP package, each ADRS application offers greater efficiency, faster updating and more flexible information access.
References: Admiralty Publications Website