Allotment of Unique Identification Number to Principal/ Faculty and Instructors
DG Shipping Circular No. 22 of 2020 talks about the Allotment of Unique Identification Number to Principal/ Faculty and Instructors
According to Section A-I/6 of the STCW Code regarding Training and Assessment, the Institute shall ensure that any person conducting a training for Seafarers shall:
- have an appropriate level of knowledge and understanding of the competence to be assessed;
- be qualified in the task for which the assessment is being made;
- have received appropriate guidance in assessment methods and practice;
- have gained practical assessment experience; and
- have an appreciation of the training program and an understanding of the specific training objectives for the particular type of training being conducted;
- be qualified in the task for which training is being conducted;
To ensure this DG Shipping has issued this DGS Circular and has decided to allot an Unique Identification Number to all the Trainers (Principal, Faculty and Instructor). This UIN will be called as the “Faculty Identification Number” (FIN) for any reference.
The FINs alloted to the Trainers on the basis of data provided by Institutes, the list is attached to this Circular.
Download the full circular from our Telegram Channel
Find more DG Circulars and MS Notices in our DGS Circulars and Notices Section