Clarification on DGS Circular No. 13 of 2020- Extension to the validity of Seafarer’s Certificates and Ship’s Statutory Certificates, periodical Surveys & Audits in view of COVID-I9 pandemic
- Initially, the extension on the validity of Certificates was valid for those who are at the ship
- In Addendum No. 1 to DGS Order 6 of 2020, issued on Apr 4th, 2020. granted an extension of six months to the validity of CoC / CoPs / CoE which are expiring between Mar 23rd, 2020, and Oct 1st, 2020, without application and irrespective of whether the seafarer was sailing or not.
- Addendum No. 2 to DGS Order 6 of 2020 is regarding extension of survey/ audits/ inspections, beyond what is permitted by various IMO conventions, only for those ships, where surveys/inspections/audits are falling due on or before June 30th, 2020.
- Extension of Seafarer’s Certificate of Competency/ Proficiency/ Recognition of Equivalence (CoC / CoP / CoE):
- All STCW Certificates (Basic and Modular) and associated Endorsements issued by DG Shipping and which are expiring in between Mar 1st to Dec 31st, 2020, will have their expiry extended for the period of SIX MONTHS from the date printed on the respective Certificate, irrespective of whether the seafarer is/was on a ship at the time of expiry or not.
- However you may make a request for revalidation of certificates to your respective MMDs, once the lockdown is lifted.
- Further, whenever the revalidation of the expired certificate is to be carried out, the new validity shall be issued for a period of five years from the original certificate expiry date.
- Most Important: Notwithstanding above, the candidates should not wait for the expiry of the extension period granted and should endeavor to get his CoC revalidated after completing the online/offline courses, as applicable to their CoC at the earliest opportunity.
We hope this helps!
Download Here: https://t.me/marinerscircleofficialgroup/549