- Venue: MMD Kolkata
- External Surveyor: Capt. Dutta
- Internal Surveyor: Capt Mondal
External Surveyor Questions
- Transit Bearing
- ECDIS or Paper Chart, which one you preferredIAMSAR
- Red star sighted on Three points from Starboard-bow
- Flag- H, W, O
- Cards- NUC Aground, Fishing Vessel
- Fishing vessel light at anchor
- A pilot vessel in restricted visibility with the pilot on board.
- How will you know the barometer shows the correct reading?
- SD correction not done from last three years
- ROR situation- power-driven vessel overtaking by CBD vessel from Starboard side and one power-driven vessel rt ahead.
- two sailing vessels one on Port and one on Starboard side fwd of beam o/v power-driven vessel normal and restricted visibility.
- Own Vessel, Power-driven, target vessel on 2 points Starboard-bow risk of collision exist
Internal Surveyor Questions
- Abort Point and No-point of Return. Define and draw.
- What is ZOC? and if you don’t have ZOC chart onboard how you will navigate.
- Define Shallow and Safety Contour. Explain with an example of how to calculate.
- How you will know RADAR is working properly?